Saturday, 23 October 2010

Preliminary Task Ideas



As our preliminary task for AS Media, we are going to be creating the front page spread and a mock-up of the contents page for a school magazine. My idea is to create a school magazine for sixth form students, who attend the Priory school, so my target audience is year groups 12 and 13. I am planning to call this magazine 'The Priory', as this relates completely to the school and does not avoid any confusion, and I believe it is a catchy and unforgettable. At this stage of my preliminary task I have a few ideas on what pictures i would like to feature for my magazine. I'm going to try not to use too much text in order to clutter the page and potentially ruin the overall affect of the main image. I wanted to create a minimalistic front cover that looked interesting and intriguing. In order to provide more interest for the audience, I'm going to use the colours of the uniform as the house colours for my magazine to give that sense of well-being but also to relate to the school itself. In addition to this the colours all clash against each other which will help me to attract the audience's attention. I'm going to defy the convention of putting the mast head at the top of the page and put it at the bottom as I think this is effective in catching the audience's attention moreover, the fact that i'm going to use a black background and put "the Priory" in white serif font will help to achieve the 'school' setting.

This is an idea for the front cover main image for my magazine. This picture might work very effectively as it represents some of the students that attend the Priory sixth form- which is who my target audience are.





This is another idea that may feature on the front page as to what my magazine may include- for example in one of the features it could be sport. An idea for this was that it may include what's going on with the school team, how to apply for the school team, what they will learn etc.





This picture will work effectively should i chose to use it for my magazine. The idea behind this photo was that there could be a double page spread within the magazine based on stress, which may students are likely to suffer from. In addition to this, it could possibly include tips on how to become less stressed, how to manage time effectively and possibly what help the school has to offer.


Lastly, this picture was based around exam pressure. Exams are a big thing for Sixth form students, and a page featuring how to revise, how not get too stressed, seek help could possibly be in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment