Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Survey Monkey Response

This is the response for my survey, created on SurveyMonkey. In this questionnaire, I tried to target specifically those who I wanted to include in my target audience; teenage girls. I tried to include questions which I had not had answered in my previous questionnaire. I have analysed the questions below. As my target audience is teenage girls, I have deliberately asked questions that only girls would have an answer to.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey_Responses.aspx?sm=2YO3YLIiv5766TbbNBvMZQEiww7n9KSjzPJlQp8eToI%3d

1. 83% of my target audience have a job, showing that they earn their own money regularly. This is important to me, especially considering a price for my music magazine and ensuring that customers get their value for money.


2. Half of my target audience get paid monthly, the other half gets paid weekly and one person gets paid every fortnight.This shows that I will need to be careful when pricing my music magazine, and once again will ensure I consider value for money.


3.66.7% of the girls answering my survey stated that their favourite genre of film was Romantic comedy,33.3% chose horror and 50% chose comedy. This shows that most girls watch films that are light-hearted or sad; more feminine films such as 'The Notebook' and 'The Ugly Truth'.

4. 16.7% answered my survey question " where do you usually shop for clothes" as River Island, 50% said that they shop for clothes in Topshop, 16.7% said that they use Miss Selfridge for retail shopping and another 50 % said they shop in New Look. One person said that they shopped using the internet.
From my understanding, TopShop is a very expensive clothes shop which may indicate that my target audience are willing to spend money on things they really enjoy or want.

5. This question asked the audience to specifically name what they would like to see in a music magazine. The answers are shown below;

1. pictures of fit boys :)
2. backstage interviews and giveaways
3. all different genres
4. pictures and interviews with famous people
5. Reviews, interviews

This shows that my audience would like to see exclusive interviews with popular artists but also photos of them. This is important as it shows what kind of feature will attract them to a music magazine. Obviously I will not be able to include an original photograph of a famous man in my magazine, but this has helped me to decide that a man should be included in order to appeal the most to my target audience.


6. This question was specifically asking what it is teenage girls spend their money on, a vast majority chose clothes and spend up to £90 a month.This could show that they buy a new outfit weekly, and so fashion is important to them.


7. I needed an idea for what house colours i could use for my main task - a music magazine, so i decided to ask what favourite colours my target audience had.

1. purple, black, green

2. dark red, yellow and purple
3. green, purple, grey
4. GREEEN, purple, and red
5. orange, pink, blue
6. black red pink

As you can see, Purple was a very popular colour. From testing out the various colours given in this survey i have come to the conclusion that Black goes very well with purple so therefore i shall be using those as house colours for my magazine.

8. The next question was inquiring on how much people spend on music, This shows again that I will need to carefully consider price and value for money, in order to cater for all of my target audience because the answers were that they do not spend hardly any money on music, the most they spend is 10 - 15 pound a month.

9. 16.7% of my target audience stated that they would be most attracted to a magazine with a man on the front cover, and 83.3% said that they would like to see both men and women on the cover. This has been very useful to me, as it has helped me to decide that a female will be on the cover of my own magazine in order to provide maximum appeal to the audience.

10. Favourite male and female artist?


1. ellie goulding, travis mccoy.
2. jamie t and ellie goulding
3. CHERYL COLE
4. katy perry and olly murs
5. depends on if they are good or the genre of music they listen to

I asked what favourite male and female artists my audience had to get a feel of what sort of genre of music people were listening to. This will help me to establish what music my magazine promotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment