Friday, 19 November 2010

Research for Main task- Feature page Layout ideas

For my feature page, I decided to chose a boy to focus my feature on because my target audience is teenage girls, and I thought that although they might like to see a Girl on the feature page, at this age their emotions run high, so in order to capture my target audience and get them interested a Boy would be a good idea.
Another decision I chose to make was to base the article around his fan base, and his success as an artist because following my survey on what exactly my target audience would like to see, over 50% said that a male figure who was very successful.
The feature page I have chosen to do is going to be based only on the artist himself, so on one page there will be photo's of him, possibly playing the guitar- his main instrument, playing the keyboard, and genuinely just posing. I decided not to go with a spontaneous photograph, I thought that staged photos would work better for the article this is because the article was introducing him as a person as well as his music and not just his music- and on the other page there will be an article written about him including information like; his popular fan base, his new album, what songs are featured, possible collaborations with other famous artists. This interests my target audience because, they read about celebrities to get an insight into their lives and what their future plans are. So because my article tells them exactly what the artist plans to do and how he is living, the target audience are getting what they want.
I have decided to take pictures of him playing his main instrument to let the audience know what exactly his music entails but also I have taken pictures of him that show what sort of a person he is.

My inspiration for the layout of my feature pages was Q magazine, this is because they write about whatever is big at the time. Which is what I wanted for my magazine, I do not want the magazine to be on a specific genre of music because then it's audience is a niche audience. The magazine would sell better if it had a broader audience.
I looked at a recent feature page in Q magazine to get ideas for my feature page- as shown below;


No comments:

Post a Comment