Friday, 5 November 2010

Reader profile research- Target Audience

Target Audiences explore ; Adults, Teens, Children, Mid Teens and Pre-schoolers. When looking at a target audience I need to think about my specific target audience. In additional research for my AS media- creating a music magazine- I have looked at two reader profiles which have a similiar target audience to the one I am aiming for my AS task, Uncut and NME using ipcadvertising. The links for these two reader profiles can be seen below;

http://www.ipcadvertising.com/resource/ie8ggqzju8kgqdditq67k9hj.pdf - Uncut

http://www.ipcadvertising.com/resource/hvcjivb3x8p8oqk9bw285ffu.pdf - NME


 In doing so I have learnt how to establish my target audience, I understand that when creating a reader profile they need to think about what their audience would like to see. For example, on the reader profile of Uncut I have seen statistics identifying how popular the magazine is and how much it costs to make the magazine. The statistics include; The gender of the majority of readers, their average income, relationship status, median age and whether or not they are a student or an adult.
The reader profiles have helped me to understand the way in which the magazine companies establish their target audience and therefore to include features that their target audience would like to see within the magazine.

In order to establish my target audience I have analysed the two reader profiles previously discussed and created my own reader profile as seen below;



My magazine's target audience is a teenage girl, and therefore I have included a lot of feminine things on my profile, such as makeup and jewellery. I have also included a film that are popular among teenage girls, such as the third Twilight book, Eclipse. As well as considering popular figures such as Audrey Hepburn and Jensen Ackles who also interest teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment